New Mac Mini CD Rom issue

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by masterjedi73, Jun 27, 2010.

1. masterjedi73 macrumors 6502

masterjedi73

With the new unibody, has anyone else noticed that the CD-ROM drive is VERY LOUD? It sounds like an airplane or something.

2. MikieMcBikie macrumors regular

i post only cause i am trying to poilitely correct your use of CD-ROM, and still contribute :p I am getting the latest mini next week for home use, will let ya know if i think it is louder than the previous generation i have been using at work.

Best of Luck :)

3. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I consider it loud only when it's loading a disc or spitting one out. It's not that loud when your burning to a disc or otherwise accessing the disc.

4. indg macrumors 6502

for the couple DVDs i tried, it didn't seem any louder than the typical mac slot drives. i haven't tried any CDs or CD-Rs though, which tend to spin faster (up to 24x), so may be a little louder. unless it's making scratching or grinding noises, or you feel a lot of vibration transferred to your desk, i don't think you need to worry.

5. masterjedi73 thread starter macrumors 6502

masterjedi73

ha. as i was typing "cd-rom" i knew it wasn't right. i decided just to leave it there for kicks. lol

it seems to be only a cd for a canon printer - which i returned anyway. it didn't do it with another cd i used today.