New Mac Mini Issues

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by inmnbob, Nov 30, 2018.

1. inmnbob macrumors regular

So I started to get new issues develop on my replacement Mac Mini that are different than the previous device. First of all this is working better. The mouse and Bluetooth are improved but nowhere near perfect. The mouse now isn't recognized after a startup but it moves pretty well most of the time after that.

The keyboard now all of a sudden doesn't get recognized after a boot and in fact doesn't even exist on the bluetooth devices. I need to use a wired keyboard to reboot.

The other new and annoying problem is that there seems to be some form of a disconnection of the internet accounts. I don't lose internet connection but I get messages that my Google and Apple iCloud accounts need to re-enter the password. This has now happened several time in the last two days.

The Mac Mini (although I love the potential and performance) continues to concern me.

Hope Apple is listening to this forum, I know they are watching the Apple Discussions, and get help to us soon. I am not returning this and getting a third device. I have 10 days left to make a decision.

Bob

2. F-Train, Nov 30, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2018

F-Train macrumors 65816

I received a new Mac mini yesterday, not because there was a problem with the first one, but because I wanted higher specifications.

Today (although not yesterday), Bluetooth connection with my Apple Keyboard and Trackpad (battery levels very good for both) was flaky for about an hour, fine since.

Your password issue is a new one on me, haven't experienced it and haven't heard of it before.

3. inmnbob thread starter macrumors regular

There is something flaky going on. Good luck with yours. What did you upgrade to?

4. F-Train, Nov 30, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2018

F-Train macrumors 65816

Went from an i5/8GB/256 to i7/8GB/512/10G Ethernet. Changing out the 8GB for 32GB in the next few days. The RAM arrived today. I want to do some tests with the i7 with 8GB RAM, and then I'll change it out.