New Mac Mini Pic

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by shoopaman, Dec 19, 2008.

1. shoopaman macrumors 6502

shoopaman

Attached Files:

2. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

3. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

If it's set up on the desk in the L-shape then the Apple would be upside-down.

Nope, not a fan at all I'm afraid.

4. shoopaman thread starter macrumors 6502

shoopaman

right...
    how about the apple logo be like iphone - w/ motion censor - tilts by direction...

5. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

That'd double the price right there unless you put it on a swivel - waste of time really.

Just make the current model - ever so slightly larger to include a 3.5" HDD, keep it with integrated graphics (9400M) and the usual spec bump and boost it to 802.11n.

Give it an HDMI out port in conjunction with a mini DisplayPort, update Front Row to be like the AppleTV interface and cancel the AppleTV.

Then you'd have a machine with enough grunt for most stuff, HD out option with good interface as a media centre and I reckon you'd sell a boat load.

6. shoopaman thread starter macrumors 6502

shoopaman

Don't think it would double the price but It was just stated not really wanting - a useless comment to not so realistic design. HDMI will never come to mini or will it ever to any Macs. I definitely agree with you on the N router - I would bet on this on the upcoming mini revision. As long as Apple TV is alive - :apple: will never include ATV feature on any macs.

7. Lesser Evets macrumors 68040

Lesser Evets

That's awful.

An L with wires coming out from below? Way to hide wires.
    Apple is trying to lower the profile of so many hardware pieces, not make them more intrusive. The point of the mini is to get a smaller profile.

8. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I would think, if anything, the look at this point would migrate slightly in the direction of the AEBS and TC, or possibly slightly in the direction of the MB/MBP. It could certainly be smaller. And there are a handful of features that make sense on it, like a way to take advantage of the MDP/USB configuration of the 24" ACD, and probably more importantly, an HDMI port.

9. Courtaj macrumors 6502a

Courtaj

Wow, amazing pics, I haven't seen these in about 7 threads in the past 8 weeks already . . .