New Mac Mini Vista score and Windows 7

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by geekserver, Mar 3, 2009.

1. geekserver macrumors newbie

Howdy yall

Just wondering if any one with the new mac mini's released on 3-3-09 has seen what the Vista score is ? if so could you please post it here ...also any one run windows 7 beta on it ? any score there ?

Also when you post could you let the good folks know what your specs are for you mac mini (which CPU you got and amount of ram etc)

Thanks !

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I think people should at least play with OS X on their new computers before fondling the other side and install Windows :p

3. mgridgaway macrumors 6502

mgridgaway

If I had to guess, I think it would fall somewhere between a 3 and 4. Those integrated graphics are what's stopping it from getting any higher.

Just a guess, though.

4. geekserver thread starter macrumors newbie

Well my main reason to post the question/request was to see how well would it be if a person does go the boot camp route. I agree with alphaod on testing out OSX before installing Windows ....Also would like to see how well linux would run on it ... I ask mainly of Vista and Windows 7 because that is what most people I think would be using boot camp for ...esp people like me looking to switch from my PC to a mac mini ( My other post)

5. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Windows 7 sucks, its gave my new Unibody Macbook Pro 2009 17" a rating of 3, when its clearly better than that.

6. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

Yeah, ouch! My atom netbook gets a 2.6 :eek:

7. geekserver thread starter macrumors newbie

Ouch !! ...how did Vista score ? also what was the score for each thing ? i am guessing its the 5400rpm harddrive that made the score low right ?what was the graphics only score ?

8. The SpinDoctor macrumors regular

Dude , its BETA for a reason..........

Bootcamp or VM?

9. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Bootcamp obviously.