New Mac Need to Transfer iTunes Music to it

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pinoyplaya, Mar 27, 2009.

1. pinoyplaya macrumors regular

What do I do guys? I have a lot of music on my iTunes Library on my PC. Do I just create a backup disc and insert this disc to my new MacBook?

2. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

Copy your iTunes folder from the PC into the Music folder of the Mac, open iTunes, then from the iTunes menu, select File -> Library -> Import Playist ... select the iTunes Music Library.xml file and leave it to set up everything. You'll get your ratings and play counts copied over.

You can delete the iTunes Music Library.itl file since it's Windows only.

3. pinoyplaya thread starter macrumors regular

Can I do a direct ethernet connection? I dont know if mine is a crossover cable though. Its CAT5.

4. old-wiz macrumors G3

You don't usually need crossover cables anymore. just use the regular cat5.

5. pinoyplaya thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks guys. I just burnt it to a lot of DVD Disc which is okay :) It was surprisingly fast to burn it. Now I have a DVD Backup for it as well :)

It took a while to transfer it to my MacBook though :) But I got it all done hehe

I did a DVD Backup if anyone was curious :)

6. ImYourVillain macrumors newbie

ImYourVillain

:eek: I am having this same problem...I followed apple.com's way of putting my itunes library from my PC to my Mac and I deleted the songs out of the ipod and tried dragging the itunes library folder from my ipod to my music folder on the mac and I totally screwed everything up. I have like almost 3,000 songs and it would only copy about 100 back into my ipod. Ugh I am in need of some serious help! Any ideas people? I know I still have the library on my PC...should I just start over and re put it on my ipod...? -cries-

7. old-wiz macrumors G3

You could use the windows machine to put all the music back onto the iPod, then use a program like senutil to copy from the iPod to the Mac.

8. ImYourVillain macrumors newbie

ImYourVillain

I was originally going to use a program like that BUT it's not free and the 30-day trial is only for 1,000 songs and I have around 3,000.