New Mac, need to transfer songs and stuff from old PC

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Gokunama, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Gokunama macrumors 6502a

Gokunama

So in Googling, here's what I know. I simply need to deauthorize the old PC, and authorize my new Mac to transfer songs purchased from iTunes from my iPhone to my new Mac. That's correct right?

To get songs not purchased from iTunes from my old PC to my Mac, I need to send those to a portable hard drive, then transfer that from the hard drive to my new Mac. Correct?

Then there's the iPhone back up. I'm not sure how this works, cause I can sync contacts, calendar, safari bookmarks, and notes to iTunes., and while I'm syncing those, the back up process is taking forever (it's actually backing up my entire iPhone, despite my not having that iTunes connected to the net? If that were the case, then I don't need to worry about transfering my iPhone back up from my old PC to my new Mac?).

Help would be awesome!

2. nitromaxx macrumors member

When I bought my new MBP, my old computer was not in working condition, so this is what I had to do.

-Authorize your new Mac.
    -Connect your iPhone.
    _Click File/Transfer Purchases from "iPhone".

Yes, it does take awhile, but like I said, this was my only option. Hope this helps.

3. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

You don't need to de-authorize your old PC itunes, because you can have up to 5 computers on one itunes account. When I went from a PC to my mac I transfered everything that was not a purchase though itunes though a external hard drive, I have a time machine now, best thing ever, then once all your music and movies are on your new Mac then you can just sync your iphone, and it will do a complete backup.