NEW MAC PRO 2.4 8 Core and very happy Logic and PT8 results

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by hwill2008, Sep 8, 2010.

1. hwill2008 macrumors newbie

after much debate i purchased this machine and have been very happy so far with performance then crashes

Logic is working great with 8 cores loaded over 100 channels with VI's and all cores about midway ..amazing !!!

PT can go up to about 50 then crashes out mainly due to it's memory limit !!!

But it's a massive step up from my macbookpro

Hopefully gonna keep checking in and have some results tomorrow once i install Komplete and BFD ..omnisphere etc !!

Till then

2. jungleland26 macrumors newbie

I'm absolutely loving it. I use it not only for my heavy photo editing....but it also operates simultaneously as a multi room media server, often streaming HD content at 1080p, while using a p2p program heavily, itunes, etc, etc,.....not a beat skipped anywhere...cpu load has yet to get over 3% for more than a split second (like when the large file initially loads)...

This thing seems rock solid... The best part is.....I get to write it off :D

3. milo macrumors 604

It's great that you're getting a big improvement over your old machine. But Logic is still only using half the cores in your machine. Hopefully apple will update it at some point and you'll see a big boost in performance.