New Mac Pro 3 questions

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Cromas, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Cromas macrumors member

Cromas

hi there, I continue testing my new macpro, 3 questions,

1) when mac pro start make big noise like a car motor when start hehe later peace and all calm... thats are normal?

2) about the reboot after wake, I dont understand that problem, its put in sleep and when press some key for return the macpro reboot (start again like put restart) ? that means reboot... restart?

I ask beacuse well I update all with software update... and the new firmware... but before make that when start for first time the mac pro I put in sleep and the machine return well... but yesterday I put in sleep later of all updates... and the machine return but!!!! the machine make a hard sound like a car motor when start, exaclty the same sound like when dont restart the machine return well but with that impact, actually the ups feel the power energy and hold that for 2 seconds... I dont like that things I have fear when energy things happend... I have fear to put sleep again... it its normal???????

3) what about the noise of my mac pro, I feel silence but I dont know maybe can be more silence, I post the istat for you see the fans if its are normal, please

thanks

Attached Files:

2. WardC macrumors 68030

WardC

All I can tell you...

There are a series of updates you need to run. Those include several firmware updates, the SMC update and the EFI update. Both these effect the firmware and the fans in the unit, as well as sleep and reboot.

Plus, you need to be running 10.5.2, which you are, probably, already.

The Mac Pro fans briefly "rev up" at startup and wake from sleep, this is normal, but they shouldn't be on for more than a few seconds at a time.

hope this helps
    (it was a bit hard understanding you)
    -Ward

3. Cromas thread starter macrumors member

Cromas

yeah sorry my english sucks... yeah I update all! what about the fans attachment are ok? I feel so silence machine but I dont know...

4. Mr.Noisy macrumors 65816

Mr.Noisy

ok Cromas your fans should be silent running, but they do rev up for a couple of seconds on some mac pro's (on the 2.8's from what ive seen) but mine don't, they didn't on my old MP either, make sure your running 10.5.2 + any updates,
    as for yout istat figures they look ok too me.

There was a SMC & EFI update a while back, these were related to a fan issue, but after install the fans should run as normal (silent)

after waking from sleep your system shouldn't be rebooting, should wake and run as normal ;)
    I just hit the space bar to continue.

5. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

The fan running is normal, my fans rev for a couple seconds both on boot and upon waking from sleep.

6. Cromas thread starter macrumors member

Cromas

I put sleep again and wake perfect, Iam so paranoic hehe, and the final result of my new mac pro are perfect, I dont see any reboot after wake... the fans normal... a lottttt more silence that my powermac g5, everything its ok I hope so that continue of that way beacuse I expect use this for 5 years and later sell for a new one at 2013 hehe.
    :D