New Mac Pro - Dell monitor question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Titus, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Titus macrumors member

Hi,

Just bought a Mac Pro. I also bought a Dell 3007WFP-HC monitor. The only difference in the specifications from their top-of-the-line was contrast ratio. I had been using a Dell 24 inch Untra sharp on a pc for the past three years and was happy with the monitor.

When I set it up I took advantage of maximum resolution. Then I tried to adjust the font size so I could read text. I couldn't find where to do this. I called Apple and they said it couldn't be done like the Windows environment. I don't believe this and I think there must be a fix. I've been using the Zoom, then I finally just gave in and reduced the resolution.

Now I'm thinking there are so many experts here, I know there must be an answer. I really do a lot of editing and I want crisp, large letters.

Finally, did I make a mistake by not getting the 3000:1 contrast monitor. What is the difference between that and my 1000:1. I thought this was only important to graphic designers, etc.

Thanks for your help. I really don't want to go back to the PC and I'm ready to load Parallels and Windows 7.

I have the ATI graphics card, 6 gigs ram, 1T hard drive and the 2.93 processor.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

3. Titus thread starter macrumors member

I read the articles on contrast ratio and I think I'm OK there. Thanks.

I downloaded Pref Setter and Tinker Tool Systems. The Tinker Tool systems menu has changed and I can't seem to find how to change the font size. I played around with Pref setter and same problem.

I know Apple doesn't support these programs so I'm not sure what to do next.