New Mac Pro - does OS X install disc have 64 bit drivers?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by jonnysods, Apr 14, 2009.

1. jonnysods macrumors 601

jonnysods

Hey y'all, I couldn't see for looking in this discussion area, so I'll just make another dumb ask.

Today is the day I get my new 09 Quad - very exciting! I have a copy of Vista Business 64bit, which I want to run because of the extra ram I'll have in that beast of a thing.

Up until now I've just been using the other comps in my sig, and from what I've heard it's hard to get 64bit windows working in Boot Camp.

But are there 64 bit drivers on the Leopard install disc to make this a bit more pain free?

Are there any advice threads you could point me to so I don't screw this up from the get go?

Thanks!

2. steveza macrumors 68000

steveza

Yes, the 64bit drivers will be on the install disks that come with your Mac Pro.

It's pretty easy to get Windows running under boot camp and there are some quides at the top of the Windows on the Mac forum page.

3. jonnysods thread starter macrumors 601

jonnysods

Great, thanks.

I've installed Bootcamp many a time, just not 64bit. Hopefully it isn't anything different!!

4. steveza macrumors 68000

steveza

The 64bit installation process is identical to 32bit.