New Mac Pro In the UK..

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by acearchie, Sep 23, 2009.

1. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

Hi there,

I wanted to know if anyone knew any deals of where to find the cheapest Base Mac Pro in the UK?

Thanks

2. Igantius macrumors 65816

Bottom line is, the price of a standard Mac Pro is pretty much going to be the same wherever you go in the UK.

Not sure what it’s like these days, but the profit margins on Macs were very low several years ago so it’s not as if resellers could offer crazy discounts. Also, a good number of resellers (the premium ones) in the UK get a good proportion of their income from training, services, repairs etc. rather than the hardware, so getting custom through cut-price Macs isn’t part of their business plan.

John Lewis do have special offers in individual stores, but mainly on older models/ex-display models – it does offer a two-year warranty as standard.

Apple Refurb. Store doesn’t usually have the base model for the Mac Pro, but it’s worth a look – some of the larger resellers also do refurb models. The HE Store offers a great discount.

3. acearchie thread starter macrumors 68040

acearchie

I was looking for rebate offers and the such like. I think a refurb or HE purchase may be my best option though.

It's irritating that you can't check john lewis individual store deals online! If only they weren't set by the managers.

Thanks for the help

4. MacKiddyWiddy macrumors 6502

you won't find anywhere cheaper then apple unless there is an offer on somewhere or they are selling older stock. As for buying from a different country, after working out all costs you don't really get it for much cheaper anywhere [​IMG] Apple are wise!