new Mac Pro in "white box"?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by osin, Mar 3, 2009.

1. osin macrumors 6502

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

No thoughts. Black box / white box, it is all about what's inside.

3. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

4. zer0tails macrumors 65816

zer0tails

i second what Jessica said. It could be a brown box for all i care but once i get the mac pro out, the box goes to the basement never to be seen again :p

5. osin thread starter macrumors 6502

I know that it doesn't matter at all but some people like getting that Apple experience in every detail ;)

6. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Reminds me of when they changed the iPod touch packaging. To me, black has always represented the "flagship" Apple products; the Mac Pro, the iPod touch, Macbook air/pro...
    I thought it was stupid on Apple's part to give the 2G iPod touch the cheap, plastic box that used to be reserved for their "low-end" players, the nano and shuffle. Yet, the classic kept it's cardboard box, with a mere change from black to white.
    Now, with the Mac Pro, are there any Apple products that come in the distinguishing black boxes? Or have they fully transitioned to white for it's entire product line?

7. McShizzel macrumors regular

No preference the box still looks nice although the box can be tie dyed and I could really care less, once the stuff is out the box hits the curb.

8. osin thread starter macrumors 6502

According to their website all products come in white box...

9. Macpropro80 macrumors 6502

I wake up everyday and pray to the black box my mac pro came in, then I move on to the black box my 30 inch ACD came in. I will be confused if its white!

10. pprior macrumors 65816

The white box looks family like. The black box was shock and awe, baby.

Black box rules. White box drools.

11. 321estrellas macrumors 6502

321estrellas

Maybe my old Mac Pro box was first white then turned black after all the dirty jealous post office guys touched and molested it during transit...

Anyways...

In my opinion, white shouts friendly, consumer, and welcoming (appropriate for iMac, Mac Mini, and Macbook) while black shouts professional, exclusive, and l33t (Macbook Pro and Mac Pro). So, I think black was cooler.

12. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

I kinda like it personally. Anything is better than brown cardboard PC yuck boxes.

13. JesterJJZ macrumors 68020

JesterJJZ

White is more "green"

Who cares...it's a box...

14. pprior macrumors 65816

Maybe it's just a box, but packaging is part of the Apple experience. Do you own a mac pro? I must admit I found my black mac pro box almost a work of art and it was fun watching people look at it when I carried it out of the apple store. Shock and awe, baby....

15. fungus macrumors regular

fungus

I wonder which is less green... all that black ink or the chemicals used to bleach the cardboard. I just skimmed through Apple's environmental info and didn't see anything regarding Chlorine/Dioxin.

16. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

^^ Exactly. White gives this appearance of clean and maybe green but I am never certain that is the case. Like white flour is not exactly the most healthy thing due to the bleaching process it has to go through. The same would hold true for cardboard.

17. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

[Annoying techspeak guy]

Well, actually, since black is the spectral absence of color and white is the combination of all colors in the visible spectrum, white is, in fact, infinitely more green than black.

However, the status of the pigments used to print said colors is debatable, and the black pigment may contain more green than the white pigment.

[/Annoying techspeak guy]
    :p;)