New Mac Pro leaked?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Cindori, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Cindori macrumors 68040

Cindori

http://micgadget.com/13419/more-thoughts-about-the-new-mac-pro/

[​IMG]

2. Cindori thread starter macrumors 68040

Cindori

3. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

I would assume that the new pro would have thunderbolt, otherwise that would be ridiculous. Two ports minimum. That was probably an old stock photo though.

4. Vylen macrumors 65816

They're most likely just showing off the size of the RAID unit compared to other devices. Its not like you are going to plug in a monitor into the thing.

5. Umbongo macrumors 601

Umbongo

Maybe I'm jaded, but micgadget's posts read like they are from someone who wants to seem like they are well connected to the design team. Same sort of thing has come from others in the past that proved false.

They are talking about a July/August release and new case from their sources 2 weeks ago and now are saying Apple are having trouble in testing and its the same old case (which the tone indicates they knew) and their evidence is based on the Mac Pro + RAID image. Yeah, zero credibility for me.

6. goMac, Jul 4, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2011

goMac macrumors 603

Most likely a mix up of some mindless drone in the photography department, it's not like they had it hooked in.

That said, I will say this does imply Apple does see Mac Pro users as a target market for Thunderbolt. :p

7. JavaTheHut macrumors 6502

JavaTheHut

+1 on that! I would not be surprised if at lunch times the design team from apple does not prowl the MacRumour forums laughing, salivating and rubbing the hands together. Whooohaaa! :p

8. Cindori thread starter macrumors 68040

Cindori

At first I thought "well if apple removed it, it must have been a leaked image of the next MP" but now I agree it doesnt necessarily mean something, the fact that Apple removed the Mac Pro image can be because of two things:

a. It was an image of how the next Mac Pro would look
    b. It was not an image of how the next Mac Pro would look

so either way it does not have to mean anything for the next MP case...