Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rantingrich

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 10, 2009
Southern Illinois
Many have wondered WHEN and/or if APPLE will be releasing a makeover of the now old news MACPRO LINE!

This week I am expecting some large cash from a gig, and have picked out a new MACPRO 12 core.......

I have been informed from my sources within apple that they have dedicated a small army of people to be watching to see my Credit card information processed and my order filled to then ANNOUNCED the new LINE!

Let me assure you the second APPLE take the monies out of my account, they will SHUT DOWN the present MACPRO LINE, take down the MACPRO area of the site then within minutes announce the NEW SUPER DUPER SCRUMPTIOUS OMNIPOTENT "SUPERDUPER MACPRO! AND at half the price of previous MODELS.

I have been told from sources within apple that they have dedicated a small army of people to be watching to see my Credit card information to be processed to then ANNOUNCED the new LINE!

:mad:

Last edited:

TableSyrup

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2012
Umm.... :p:D;):eek::mad:

Attachments

• Trolling Pres.jpg
    Trolling Pres.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 176

chiefroastbeef

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas/ Hong Kong
Many have wondered WHEN and/or if APPLE will be releasing a makeover of the now old news MACPRO LINE!

This week I am expecting some large cash from a gig, and have picked out a new MACPRO 12 core.......

I have been informed from my sources within apple that they have dedicated a small army of people to be watching to see my Credit card information processed and my order filled to then ANNOUNCED the new LINE!

Let me assure you the second APPLE take the monies out of my account, they will SHUT DOWN the present MACPRO LINE, take down the MACPRO area of the site then within minutes announce the NEW SUPER DUPER SCRUMPTIOUS OMNIPOTENT "SUPERDUPER MACPRO! AND at half the price of previous MODELS.

I have been told from sources within apple that they have dedicated a small army of people to be watching to see my Credit card information to be processed to then ANNOUNCED the new LINE!

you need to chill man.. :eek:

jasonvp

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2007
Northern VA

I don't consider it trolling. He's explaining his bad luck, assuming that the moment he pays for his new Mac Pro, Apple will release the next version.

I know the feeling. When I exercise stock options at work, the stock price rockets up the next day. The year after I bought my car, they updated it to include some nicer features. Etc, etc, etc.

jas

YosemiteSam

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2010
Southern California
I agree with jasonvp- the OP is merely letting us know he's about to take the plunge. No trolling there at all.

I often feel the same way, so I actually thought it was a pretty funny post. The first "guarantee" that a new mac pro is about to be released. Rumors and tidbits and "insider info" are all fallible- but a man's rotten buyer's luck is darn-near infallible. :)

Good post, OP.

Moonjumper

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2009
Lincoln, UK
The Mac Pro had a very disappointing minor update recently. There have been rumours of something special happening to the model next year. I doubt there will be anything happening before then.

ActionableMango

macrumors G3
Sep 21, 2010
The subject line is the trolling. People see "New mac pro to be out soon!" stated as if it were fact. The truth is not revealed to be later.

YosemiteSam

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2010
Southern California
The subject line is the trolling. People see "New mac pro to be out soon!" stated as if it were fact. The truth is not revealed to be later.

Well, I personally haven't ever thought that the first place I'd read actual factual news/announcement of "New mac pro to be out soon!" would be in a sub-forum on the Mac Rumors web site. I wasn't mislead by the title. Well, I was, but not in the way you suggest. I actually expected real trolling (or a post like "I know a super-insider genius at the Cleveland, OH Apple Store, and he said the new mac pro would be coming out soon!"). Instead, reading the OP's forthcoming "guarantee" was a welcome and refreshing change. Seriously, if he were posting actual news, don't you think it'd be on the front page, and would also be carried elsewhere throughout the web?

Back to you, rantingrich... Hurry up and buy your 2012 model so that the rest of us finally get to see what Apple is (or isn't) cooking up for Apple's pro (or not) future.

TableSyrup

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2012
Sorry, was my sense of humor. I thought his post was funny, and I responded sarcastically.... just wasnt picked up :eek::eek:

My bad....

I also very much dig his screen name :D:p

scottsjack

macrumors 68000
Aug 25, 2010
Arizona
With absolutely nothing to talk about other than which video cards work the least the MacRumors Mac Pro forum has sunk to a new level of time-wasting stupid.

Lesser Evets

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
Someone posted about the next wave of "Pro"cessors coming in the last half or quarter of 2013...

So, if that is true, if that is the schedule for those chips' release, a new Pro is arriving somewhere alongside the 2013 Christmas season. Which is crap.

Regardless, I can't wait. It will be nice to have Thunderbolt and USB3 on a 12-core Pro system.

Don't wait if you can't wait. The new Pros aren't going to be here for a long time.

rantingrich

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 10, 2009
Southern Illinois
Guys guys guys!

I am going as fast as I can! I KNOW APPLE is holding up the release becasue they are waiting for my ORDER to be taken, filled and shipped.

I am waiting for the proverbial "CHECKS in the mail" then a one day wait to clear and APPLE may unfurl the banners, release the balloons, fire out the press packs and you can all get buying trying to rob peter to pay Paul to buy the NEXT SERIES of the silver box of frustrations!

I promise it will be before the end of the week, so ask around if people want to buy your old machines, and get ready!

TRUST me the second I hit the "PLACE ORDER BUTTON" I will post on here then by the time you get to apple STORE they will have POSTED the new machines with specs!

I hope Steve Jobs is watching!:p

hajime

macrumors 604
Jul 23, 2007
I am going as fast as I can! I KNOW APPLE is holding up the release becasue they are waiting for my ORDER to be taken, filled and shipped.

I think you can always return it within a limited number a days.

So, perhaps you should add "my ORDER to be taken, filled, shipped and the grace period has passed"?

dcpmark

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2009

I'm going with Touring test. Notice the repetition in the 3rd and 5th paragraph with the slight change. No intelligent human would write that way, but all-in-all, good job programmers! You've fooled quite a number of posters here.

rantingrich

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 10, 2009
Southern Illinois
OKAY New Genreation of MACPROS are on

Okay apple just debited my card $4100 for my new MACPRO 12 core! Which means Apple will be announcing the next generation of the MACPRO probably by midnight!

Funny thing thought I paid for over night BUT is wont even ship till next week! WTF? DAMN you Steve Jobs!:eek:

YosemiteSam

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2010
Southern California
Funny thing thought I paid for over night BUT is wont even ship till next week! WTF? DAMN you Steve Jobs!:eek:

Apple needed the extra few days to prep the next iteration. So they're holding your order 'til then.

You know, so they can wow us with the new mobile processors and mobile GPUs. And unibody construction so that we don't need to trouble ourselves with adding and removing our own components. In fact, Apple Geniuses are standing by to help solder our hard drives and other components to the chassis and motherboard. And to help us make really impressive videos using iMovie.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.