new mac pro with 8800 'stuttering' when using iphoto and system prefs!

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by student_trap, Feb 27, 2008.

1. student_trap macrumors 68000

student_trap

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone can check this out to see if its normal...

basically, when I open up system prefs, move it to a new space, and then move back and forth through the individual items fairly quickly, instead of a smooth transition the two images flicker over eachother...is this normal?

Furthermore, I just opened iphoto for the first time, and my mac asked to reorganise my photos (as they were organised in a way unfamiliar to ilife 08), the iphoto window went crazy, flickering like mad between blank grey and then images. The rest of the desktop (ie, non-iphoto part of the screen) was fine while this was happened.

Please will someone check this out with their mac pro with 8800, if this is a firmware/software thing then I'll make do, but a part of me think i should be contacting apple.

2. student_trap thread starter macrumors 68000

student_trap

ok So now it is also tearing internet pages, although when i try to take a screen shot it corrects them. Is this a graphics card issue?

Also, my mac doesn't seem to want to repair permissions either...this can not be normal?

3. student_trap thread starter macrumors 68000

student_trap

right got a screenshot:

Attached Files:

4. crees! macrumors 68000

crees!

Your machine is new. Call up AppleCare. Sounds like maybe a graphics card issue, but I couldn't tell you much more than the obvious.

5. student_trap thread starter macrumors 68000

student_trap

i will call them in the morning, but surely someone must have a mac pro with an 8800 that they could quickly test?