New Mac Purchase High Resolution Screen VS Standard

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nke89, May 27, 2010.

1. nke89 macrumors newbie

Hello, I'm thinking of purchasing a 15" MBP and am debating between the standard screen and the high resolution screen. I had a studio xps 16 with the 1080p screen and though it looked great so I would ideally like to get the high resolution screen. However, I wanted to see if I could get some opinions on the readability of the screen, is text readable? Does Mac OS contain a feature like Win 7 where you can increase the text size? I really liked the look and extra space higher resolution screens offer but did notice on the studio xps that without increasing the text size text (which it did by default) text and menus were too small. What are your opinions on the macbook's high resolution screen, which do you prefer?

Also I've been reading the forums and noticed a few issues that have surfaced; yellow tint, stalling and overheating. How prevalent are these issues and should I be worried? One of the main reasons I am looking at Apple is because I am looking for better build quality as I'm fed up with constantly calling and returning computers because a brand new machine doesn't work correctly. Thanks for your input.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios