New Mac release date predictions that make total sense.

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by Not Steve Jobs, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Not Steve Jobs macrumors newbie

Apple released new iPods on Sept. 9, the day after its back to school iPod Touch promo ended. Apple's printer, iWork, and Mobile Me promos (http://www.apple.com/promo/) all end Oct. 19. The day after that is a Tuesday, the day Apple usually releases new products.
    My prediction: new Macs Oct. 20th.

Also, the Tablet will be called Newton and be released January 24th, the day the Macintosh was unveiled.
    And MacBook Pros will come in colors (like the new iPod Nanos,)

2. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Fair prediction. MBPs in colors would be a surprise, although a black model would be cool. Your idea of Apple naming their tablet the Newton is intriguing. We have no way of knowing, but that would be very honorable should they choose to do so. As for the October 20th release date, we have less than six days to wait and see. :)

3. aristobrat macrumors G5

FWIW, those promos have ended once a quarter (and have been renewed) for the last several years. The end dates have always been meaningless in the past, but there's always a first...

4. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

5. VirtualRain macrumors 603

VirtualRain

I'm not Steve Jobs either :eek:

I like your reasoning on the launch date for the new macs.

I'd caution that the Newton was not well received the first time, so why handicap a new product with a negative image right out of the gate? I'm guessing a logical choice for a launch date would be at CES in Jan (7th to 10th)... but I don't think there's any confirmation they are even attending that show.

The multi-colored laptops is actually a great idea...

Maybe you are Steve Jobs? :confused: :eek: ;)

6. sneakyzeal macrumors member

7. Not Steve Jobs thread starter macrumors newbie

I just found out that Apple's fiscal quarter ends Oct. 19 (which is probably why that's when the promos end.) This makes Oct. 20 even more likely as the new Mac release date since Apple would most likely want to jumpstart the new quarter. Isn't the Windows 7 release date around then too? They'd defenitely want to distract from that.

8. Scippy macrumors regular

Are you sure you aren't Steve Jobs in disguise?

9. Not Steve Jobs thread starter macrumors newbie

I can make no comment at this time.

10. Scippy macrumors regular

Pretty please :)
    I won't tell anyone.
    Long live :apple: