New mac user and i got a few questions

Discussion in 'macOS' started by semin28, Sep 7, 2009.

1. semin28 macrumors regular

So i just got my mac yesterday and i have a few questions . How do you send a file or a video that's more then 10 mins long to another computer? For example im trying to send a video from my old computer to my new mac but the video is more then 10 mins so it wont send . I tried sending it though aol and then yahoo but none worked . So how do i do it ? Also how do i get the bubbles or draw on pictures in photoboth ? i Thought macs could do that . Also i noticed a disc that came with my mac and its the snow Leopard os disc .Did my computer come with snow Leopard already installed or do i have to put the disc in to install it ? Well i put the disc in anyways to install it and it was installing but the screen saver came up and now its like frozen with the round rainbow thing spinning . What should i do ? Thanks

2. theBigD23 macrumors 6502a

-This has nothing to do with using a Mac. Your email has a limitation regarding the file size that can be sent and also received by the user you are sending to. Try yousendit.com for large files or MobileMe large file send feature if you have it.
    -Sorry, don't use Photobooth
    -To find out the version you are using, click on the Apple logo at the top left and choose "About this Mac". If the version below "OS X" says 10.5, you have Leopard. If it says 10.6 you have Snow Leopard.

3. semin28 thread starter macrumors regular

okay .
    What do you use then ?
    Ugh to late for that

4. Jhanson09 macrumors regular

use a flash drive....

if your computer came packaged w/ snow leopard it probably already has it on it. rick click on the dock and see if the box that comes up is black or white. if its black you have SL.

5. semin28 thread starter macrumors regular

I already put the disc in and the screen saver came on and now its frozen on the screen saver with the round rainbow thing still spinning . Wtf i already broke my computer on the second day : ( What should i do?

6. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

The mac has a power button on it. If it really is stuck you can hold the power button down for a few seconds and shut it off.

As already told to you, email is not the way to transfer large files, use an external hard drive or a thumb drive to transfer files from your pc to your new mac.

Has auto update even rn on your mac yet? You mght want to do that.

I have two macs now for months and neither has locked up as you describe... Ever.

7. semin28 thread starter macrumors regular

I restarted it . But its still at the start up screen so i guess ill see what happens .

8. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

Are you referring to the WINDOW on the desktop with a big X on it?

If so, that's the Snow Leopard installer. It's not a start up screen.

Click the Apple logo in the upper left of the menu bar and choose 'about this Mac' and please report back what version it says you are running.