New mac user and i got a question

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by semin28, Sep 7, 2009.

1. semin28 macrumors regular

How do you send a file or a video thats more then 10 mins long to another computer? For example im trying to send a video from my old computer to my new mac but the video is more then 10 mins so it wont send . I tried sending it though aol and then yahoo but none worked . So how do i do it ? Also how do i get the bubbles or draw on pictures in photoboth ? i Thought macs could do that . Thanks

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Send it over the network using SMB? Or you can upload it to Mediafire.com for free without registration. :)

3. semin28 thread starter macrumors regular

Okay but the thing is , the video is too long and im trying to edit it and i cant edit on my windows computer bc its a quicktime video . So im trying to edit it on my new mac . So if i upload the video to mediafire then how do i edit the length ? Thanks

4. Nocturnal22 macrumors 6502

are you on the same network? file sharing between the comps?

5. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    It just hosts the file. You can then download it using a link on the new computer. The file will be the same so you can edit it as desired.

6. semin28 thread starter macrumors regular

So i just uploaded the video twice and 20 mins later when its done , Theres a error and tells me to retry wtf .

7. Thiol macrumors 6502a

Thiol

Do you have an external hard drive or large USB stick?