New Mac User, and need some help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by JoshLV, Apr 1, 2008.

1. JoshLV macrumors regular

I just got a MBP base model today and I'm very excited about it and it's a lot of fun. This is my first Mac so I know nothing about OSX. I have signed up for the One to One classes to get the most out of my MBP, but I have a few questions.
    1) Since there is no right click, how do I highlight pics and save them to iPhoto?
    2) I bookmarked something that I didn't want to bookmark. How do I delete it without right click?
    3) How do I change my desktop wallpaper and add a screensaver?
    I think the hardest time I'm having so far is getting used to the lack of a right click. That's why I'm writing this on my PC lol. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. OzExige macrumors 6502

OzExige

Hey dude

Welcome aboard the apple-train

'right-click' can be replaced with 'control' click (hold down 'control' key and mouse click)

K?

3. swmr macrumors regular

swmr

Also, under system preferances>mouse and keyboard, you can turn on right clicking. Just check the box for Secondary Button

4. riscy macrumors 6502a

riscy

Also if you have two fingered scrolling enabled for your touchpad, you can just tap the pad with two fingers simultaneously for the right click menu.

5. DZ/015 macrumors 6502a

DZ/015

Also, click on the apple in the upper left hand corner of the screen and select System Preferences. Once there you can select Desktop and ScreenSaver to change those items.

6. JoshLV thread starter macrumors regular

7. DZ/015 macrumors 6502a

DZ/015

We may be fast, but good is rare.

You're welcome.

8. wannabe07 macrumors member

Apple has a really good tutorial of sorts for those switching from Windows to Mac. You can probably find a lot of quick answers there (these have already been answered, but I'm sure you'll have more).

http://www.apple.com/support/switch101/

Congrats on your new lappy!

9. jeffreyk macrumors regular

jeffreyk

I'm also a switcher from PC to Mac and had a follow-up question. When I right click on an image in the picture gallery forum (let's say one of the monthly desktop pics); I can make the image my desktop wallpaper, no problem. If I try to save image as a "download" or to the download folder (for later use in recirculating great desktop wallpapers) on my Mac, I never get prompt when I right click top add as desktop wallpaper.

Thanks for your help.

10. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

2): hit delete or Command-Delete bookmark, depending on browser.

You type with both hands. It's also much faster to use both keyboard and pointing device than just using a mouse, click, right click, click click, etc.

By the way, more info:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=7012495#2