New Mac User (Buying MacBook Pro)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Buchery, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Buchery macrumors newbie

Buchery

Hello everyone,

I have been a windows user for whole my life, and with nature of my current job (Apps and Games developer) I need to have a MacBook Pro to be able to develop and create games for iPhones. The latest release was on mid-2015 (if I wan't mistaken), are there any expectation to have an upgraded version on mid-2016?

Thanks in advance

2. JTToft macrumors 68040

3. Frank J macrumors newbie

W've been hearing about the new Skylake chip in the new Mac Book Pro for several month's , but Apple has been making announcements about other units. I would think Apple would put a priority on the Mac Book Pro because of all users wanting to update. It seems like a long ticket promised but why the stall?

4. marzfreerider macrumors member

They should be releasing new updated ones in the next 2-5 months (the sooner the better). If you can wait, I would definitely wait it out. The only changes in the current 15" Pro was a faster SSD, touch force trackpad and dedicated graphics card. The current CPU and Integrated graphics are almost 3 years old. Not worth the current price (imo). Your call, but again, I would wait it out.