New Mac User..couple problems

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Cudadown, Dec 22, 2007.

1. Cudadown macrumors regular

Just bought a 24" iMac last night. I am loving this thing so far. I have been just exploring everything on it and have come across a few things I need help on;

1. I used 'Senuti' to back up my ipod music to itunes. aprox. 100 or so songs gave me a error that is was not on device so they would not copy. It not a big problem but did I do something wrong?

2. I had to access my ipod using disk mode and open all the little pic folders with number and dragged the pics to the /documents/pictures folder on the dock. When I start iphoto it doesnt have any pics. What did I do wrong there?

3. Do I need a wireless router for my old PC (in sons room now) to network for internet or is the built in airport thing able to share my cable modem connection without a router? My mac is plugged into the cable modem with wired connection. He also has a Nintendo Wii that we want to online using its wireless.

Thats all for now. I'm sure i'll have more later. Thank you in advance.

P.S. I almost forgot... Is the pc5200 DDR2 memory the smaller SoDimm types or the full size? Was wanting to grab another 1 gig today.

2. tjevans macrumors member

tjevans

1. Just guessing, but I think it may be because the ipod was formatted for windows and now you're trying to transfer it to a mac. I'll gladly defer to someone with experience with Senuti, though.

2. You need to go to iphoto, look under the file menu, and select import to library. Then navigate to where your pictures are located. Just be sure not to delete that location until you are sure they are all in the library.

If you are not going to let iphoto organize your photos, then you need to make sure you have the photos in the folder where they will stay before you import. If you do want iphoto to take care of that, go into the preferences and check "copy photos to iphoto folders when added to library" (or something like that).

3. Airport can serve as a wireless gateway if you have internet sharing enabled. Not sure about if it will work with a wii, though. The thing is, your mac will have to be on whenever another pc then wants to connect if your using the mac in that capacity.

p.s. I have no idea on that one. I'll let some of the hardware-types answer that one.