New MAC user. Importing Favorites to Safari

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Texas Sweetness, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Texas Sweetness macrumors newbie

Hello all. I'm new to the forum and a new MAC user. I'm hoping someone can help me. I've only had my MAC Book Pro laptop for a week and just started adding all of my saved stuff from my external drive from my previous laptop (Dell) to my new MAC. How do I import my previously saved website favorites to Safari without having to log in every website and save as a favorite? I have over 60 websites I need to import.:confused:

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. Texas Sweetness thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you. I tried that and it's not working for me. I have a favorites folder saved in my documents that have all of my websites in it. When I click on import bookmarks, I go to my folder but the import button is greyed out. Don't know if it's because the file extension for the websites is .url. I changed one file to a .html but that didn't work either.

4. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Try just dragging that folder (or it's contents) into the Bookmarks organizer in Safari (from the Book icon on the left side of the Bookmarks bar in Safari, just below the Back/Forward icons). Usually it will recognize them just fine, although I've seen cases where it didn't and just put a bunch of things that said .url in there.

jW