new mac user - internet browser sensitive

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by steelem, Oct 4, 2015.

1. steelem macrumors newbie

steelem

Hi all

just wondering if anyone can help - I was applying for some concert tickets yesterday and lets say the website i was visiting was very busy - i had 2 windows machines and my new macbook pro.. the 2 windows machines went straight to the web page and i was left in a holding refresh state of 20 secs. the apple just timed out every single time i hit the enter. has anyone any ideas why the mac would act like this??? ive also seen it on facebook last week for some reason the mac would not let me on - yet a windows machine was ok ... next day everything fine... maybe this is some setting on the mac thats really sensitive - i just donw know ???

2. steelem thread starter macrumors newbie

steelem

im gonna try the wifi channel see if that has anything to do with it - next door neighbours have macs .

3. IHelpId10t5 macrumors 6502

There are too many variables to determine what may have been the issue. You may want to also try another browser like Chrome (http://chrome.google.com). Unfortunately, even in 2015 many poorly developed websites still deliver different content depending on the browser you use. The website is likely the issue and not Safari or the Mac you were using.

4. steelem thread starter macrumors newbie

steelem

the 1st thing i did was downloaded firefox & chrome and on both occasions where ive had this problem the behaviour is the same on those other browsers.. i only had this mac last week and on bootup it wouldnt connect to my dads router and got it self in a right mess on startup - so i had to wait to get home to start the process again - not a good impression for my 1st mac i have to say...

5. IHelpId10t5 macrumors 6502

Sorry to hear that about your new Mac. Do you think think could have been the network connection? Have you installed any additional security software, anti-virus, firewalls or other utilities on your Mac? What about browser plug-ins or extensions? Does the Mac have he same behavior on other websites?

I'm an IT professional and have owned and managed hundreds of Macs and PCs over the years and use Macs exclusively at home because of their inherent reliability and security. In the majority of cases, problems are self-induced by new Mac users installing undesirable system utilities or security/anti-virus software that they were used to needing in Windows.

Give some details of your new Mac and the software it's running and hopefully someone may be able to provide so additional guidance.

6. steelem, Oct 4, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2015

steelem thread starter macrumors newbie

steelem

the only things ive downloaded so far is chrome firefox and adobe. this has only happened twice by the way but now i proved it that the windows machines were on the same website and running fine it points at some issue around the mac. i have the 13" macbook pro 8gb ram I5 256gb SSD