New Mac user. Mouse is slow compared to PC.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hierobryan, Jan 9, 2008.

1. hierobryan macrumors 6502a

I'm using my USB Intellimouse on my new Macbook. I took it straight from my old HP XP Pro laptop. Why is it soo slow? Back on my PC the mouse pointer would move instantly when I moved the mouse. There's lag on my Macbook. Is this normal? It's kinda irritating me. Is there some software I can download to speed it up? Also, the accuracy at slow speeds is annoying.

2. McGiord, Jan 9, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Get into the mouse manufacturer's website and check if there is a Mac OSX driver or software that you may need to install for a better experience with that particular mouse.

Also check if in the System Preferences you can tweak/adjust the settings so it responds as you want it to.
    ________
    Jaguar XK140 specifications

3. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

Did you go system pref > keyboard & mouse > mouse> change the setting?

4. hierobryan thread starter macrumors 6502a

ya i did...but it didn't help

i found something better - USB Overdrive. fixed it perfectly. bye now. delete thread.

5. TheStu macrumors 65816

Part of the reason for the slowness can be attributed to the difference in how Apple and Microsoft handle mousing. Apple seems to use an acceleration based system, so the faster you move the mouse, the faster the cursor goes on teh screen. Microsoft seems to use a constant speed based system, it doesn't matter how fast or slow you move your mouse, the cursor will move at a constant rate.