New mac user question. Help Appreciated.

cowden_harley

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2005
You know how on XP you can add a web address to your desktop and it would display it.

Can you do this on OSX Tiger? :confused: :confused:

Thanks for your time

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
cowden_harley said:
You know how on XP you can add a web address to your desktop and it would display it.

Can you do this on OSX Tiger? :confused: :confused:

Thanks for your time
Do you have an example of this, because I don't know what you are talking about. Can you post a screenshot?

steamboat26

macrumors 65816
May 25, 2006
Arlington VA
I think that he is talking about how you can get a URL as a shortcut on your desktop, and be able to use it as a shortcut, or possibly to look at it while offlilne.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Do you mean the active desktop, where the wallpaper becomes a web page? Will WebDesktop do what you want?

Or do you mean that you want a shortcut to a URL? In which case you just drag it from the address bar of the browser to the desktop.

emptyCup

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2005
If I understand you correctly, just drag the little icon from the URL of your browser to the Dock

cowden_harley

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2005
mkrishnan said:
Do you mean the active desktop, where the wallpaper becomes a web page? Will WebDesktop do what you want?

Or do you mean that you want a shortcut to a URL? In which case you just drag it from the address bar of the browser to the desktop.
Yeh active desktop thats it. Thanks very much, sorry about how vague i was I couldnt think how best to describe it.

Thanks everybody for your time.

apfhex

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2006
Northern California
steamboat26 said:
I think that he is talking about how you can get a URL as a shortcut on your desktop, and be able to use it as a shortcut
Well, you can drag a URL from a web browser to the desktop or to the Dock to create a shortcut. Edit: ah I see. Didn't see those other posts before I posted.