New Mac User Trying to Live in Windows World

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by scottbishop, Dec 26, 2007.

1. scottbishop macrumors newbie

My understanding is that software like VMWare and Parrallel 3.0 will allow me to run Windows and Windows programs. If I were to install either of these programs along with XP, Outlook would they allow me to run programs like GoToAssist as well as Salesforce's Outlook Integration?

2. numlock macrumors 68000

i believe they would.

you know you can download trials of atleast vmware fusion to try it out?

3. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

The pretty straight-forward answer is Yes, they would

4. NewMacre macrumors newbie

WIndows XP on macBookPro - where does Outlook.pst go?

I just got my first Mac and am transitioning by using Windows XP (via Fusion). Until I can afford Mac software, I'm running Windows based Office 2003. I wanted to transfer my Outlook inbox and sent messages from my PC to the Mac, but I don't see the same folders in Documents and Settings in the virtual local C drive as I do on my PC. Does anyone know where to paste the outlook.pst files in the virtual Documents and Settings folder so that Outlook on my virtual PC will have all the sent and received messages I've accumulated? THANKS!

5. CashGap macrumors 6502

CashGap

This is a good time to make a directory for them that makes sense to you (such as My Documents/Mail) and put them there. Then tell Outlook to use those PSTs in the location you created by opening them from Outlook. Sorry I can't give you the specifics, I don't have Outlook loaded right now, but you would basically use File/Open to open the PSTs then in account settings have "Deliver to" set to the correct PST.

Remember... PSTs should be kept smaller than the 2gb limit.