Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GabbaGooch

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2011
I've read people saying that they play world of warcraft on their imac with max video. But I don't run everything on high and still lucky to get 30 fps. 3.2 GHz 4 GB 1333MHz DDR3 ATI Radeon HD 5670 512MB.

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to ask this but any help would be appreciated.:eek:

tonyunreal

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2010
Those guys are probably playing under Windows, or sitting in Ironforge where there is no one around. I have the stock model of MacBook Pro 17-inch, and I can reach 20~30 fps with highest settings if I do nothing but sitting in Ironforge.

marsmissions

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2010
Washington, US
Your graphics processor can do almost all settings on good, sunshafts off and view set to ultra as well as ultra particle density with no problem.

this gets me 25-30fps in busy areas or raids.

The newer models can do better.

Keep in mind, that 25fps+ is actually more than enough. The difference between 30 and 60 will be minute, and the difference above 60 will not be noticeable to the untrained eye, Now stop worrying about how many frames you're getting and start looking at the frames!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.