New Mac user with iMail and network issue

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by YMark, Dec 5, 2008.

1. YMark macrumors 6502a

YMark

New Switcher here with a new iMac 24". Beautiful machine. I've also connected a Time Capsule. And now for a couple of questions.....

I used O2M for importing my Outlook mail, etc. I can see the files on the external drive. I've opened iMail and can receive mail, but how do I "import" the files that O2M created? My switcher book said to select File->Import Mail Boxes. Well this monitor is nice and all, but I can't see File anywhere in iMail. Same thing with address book and calendar.

Also, I have my Time Capsule connected to my iMac via ethernet. How do I know if the iMac is connected via ethernet or wireless? Can I turn OFF wireless on the iMac or is off by default if hard wired?

I have a laser printer connected via ethernet to my Time Capsule. The time capsule cannot see the laser printer although it can see a different printer that I have connected via USB. Any ideas here?

Thanks for any help.

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

The File menu should be at the top. Pictures attached.

Go to System Preferences (grey box with gears) and then Network. Click on AirPort and then click Turn AirPort Off on the right side.

For the printer, go to AirPort Utility and make sure it is listed under the Printers tab. Go to System Preferences and click Print & Fax. Click the "+" button and then search for the printer, and add it.

Attached Files:

3. YMark thread starter macrumors 6502a

YMark

Where is the Airport Utility. All I get when I click on the Airport Icon on the top bar is a choice to turn Airport On or Off, or open Network Preferences. Opening Network Preferences doesn't show any Printer Tab.

Sorry for the ignorant questions, but I'm new to the Mac world.

4. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

search for Airport Utility in Spotlight, its in your Utilities folder.

5. YMark thread starter macrumors 6502a

YMark

I've opened the Airport Utility and the only printer listed is the one connected via USB. The laser printer connected via ethernet is not shown. Any idea what might be wrong?