Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PCernowluvsMAC

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2005
NYC
Hello all,

After all the updates I had to do on a weekly basis to keep me free and clear from viruses spyware and adware... I gave in!! I have just purchased my first Mac and am delighted so far. Anyway, some questions.......

I purchased a nifty used green Ipod mini from ebay and am in the process of teaching myself how to use it. Itunes is great , So simple and clean unlike other music managers I'm used to. I've transferred about 10% of my music over to my Ibook and have been playing around with the EQ functions. Since I invested in some high end earbuds I would like to know how to transfer my music from iTunes to the ipod with each songs preset EQ Ie..Bob Dylan-Rock Tricky-Electric. I've defiantly noticed different sounds when messing with the EQ and I love it!! When I have spare time between classes I'll listen to songs with different EQ settings until I find one that's just right for that song. That's my dilemma....any help will be greatly appreciated. :)

PS.....Whats up with my mini's battery, "Enjoy long battery life, Up to 18 hours on a single charge"..WHATEVER!! I'm lucky if I get a full 4hrs. Also, do al ipods have weak earphone jack connection (mine keeps slipping out). I'm not a complainer by nature....just wondering....Future thanks for the friendly tech banter.

GreeneGirl7

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2005
Oxford, England
PCernowluvsMAC said:
Hello all,

After all the updates I had to do on a weekly basis to keep me free and clear from viruses spyware and adware... I gave in!! I have just purchased my first Mac and am delighted so far. Anyway, some questions.......

I purchased a nifty used green Ipod mini from ebay and am in the process of teaching myself how to use it. Itunes is great , So simple and clean unlike other music managers I'm used to. I've transferred about 10% of my music over to my Ibook and have been playing around with the EQ functions. Since I invested in some high end earbuds I would like to know how to transfer my music from iTunes to the ipod with each songs preset EQ Ie..Bob Dylan-Rock Tricky-Electric. I've defiantly noticed different sounds when messing with the EQ and I love it!! When I have spare time between classes I'll listen to songs with different EQ settings until I find one that's just right for that song. That's my dilemma....any help will be greatly appreciated. :)

PS.....Whats up with my mini's battery, "Enjoy long battery life, Up to 18 hours on a single charge"..WHATEVER!! I'm lucky if I get a full 4hrs. Also, do al ipods have weak earphone jack connection (mine keeps slipping out). I'm not a complainer by nature....just wondering....Future thanks for the friendly tech banter.

As far as I know, if the song is set with a certain EQ in iTunes, that setting will transfer to your iPod, and then you set the EQ on and to Flat on the iPod. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

The battery life problem and the headphone jack problem are from it either being used or being a bit faulty in the first place. My brand new iPod Mini gets great battery life and has no issues with the headphone jack.

Here's a link with info about extending your battery life...

http://www.apple.com/batteries/ipods.html

I'd also recommend looking around Apple's Support site. It's really nice and informative.

Oh, and here's a link about the EQ settings :)

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61567

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.