New Mac User

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Woojun912, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Woojun912, Jan 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2012

Woojun912 macrumors member

Good late evening,

Does anybody know useful apps out there I can use? I am a new macbook Pro user. I've spoken to a quite a few nice people out here. I apologize for the dumb questions and I hope I'm not at the wrong place in asking this type of questions. If so, please do guide me in the right forum direction, thanks.

2. Da Citizen macrumors newbie

Da Citizen

3. Woojun912 thread starter macrumors member

I have no idea how a mac works. I'm still playing around with it. All I know is I like downloading music & movies. What is out there?

4. Jazojas12 macrumors regular

I use iStat Menus, Flux, Little Snitch, BetterTouchTool, VLC Player and Parallels Desktop to name a few you may or may not have heard of.
    Play around with OSX's preferences a bit, first thing I do to a new Mac when someone gets one is enable tap to click under :apple:(top left corner)>System Prefs>Trackpad...I don't see why that isn't on by default. Other than that..see what works best for you.

5. snaky69 macrumors 603

Piracy is not condoned on this forum, so you'll get no help in this matter.

Apart from that, a Mac really isn't very different from a PC, it is able to perform all the same tasks.

6. TheJing macrumors 6502a

TheJing

I use Coconut Battery, smc fan control, VLC Player, Office for Mac, Adobe Creative Suite, Spotify, Daisy Disk, Miro. And some other as well.