Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Woojun912

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
California
Good late evening,

Does anybody know useful apps out there I can use? I am a new macbook Pro user. I've spoken to a quite a few nice people out here. I apologize for the dumb questions and I hope I'm not at the wrong place in asking this type of questions. If so, please do guide me in the right forum direction, thanks.

Last edited:

Jazojas12

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2009
I use iStat Menus, Flux, Little Snitch, BetterTouchTool, VLC Player and Parallels Desktop to name a few you may or may not have heard of.
Play around with OSX's preferences a bit, first thing I do to a new Mac when someone gets one is enable tap to click under :apple:(top left corner)>System Prefs>Trackpad...I don't see why that isn't on by default. Other than that..see what works best for you.

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008
I have no idea how a mac works. I'm still playing around with it. All I know is I like downloading music & movies. What is out there?

Piracy is not condoned on this forum, so you'll get no help in this matter.

Apart from that, a Mac really isn't very different from a PC, it is able to perform all the same tasks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.