New Mac - What to do?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by evantoman, Sep 1, 2011.

1. evantoman macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

So I just bought a brand new 27" iMac and so far I love it. Only problem is, after a couple weeks of learning new stuff and how to use it, it seems like there is nothing to do. There aren't really any games for Macs. I tried Cider to play Windows games, but apparently my graphics card isn't good enough because Grand Theft Auto 4 is very laggy and slow. I'm just learning how to use Xcode and develop apps for my iPhone, but after a while it gets a little boring. I have a lot of movies and music, but that's pretty much all I do and it's not too interesting anymore. Don't get me wrong, I love my Mac and I think it's the greatest thing I've ever bought. Just... I need something to do.

What does everyone do for entertainment on their Macs? What are some cool things on the App Store? I have OS X Lion. Thanks!

2. DerekS macrumors 6502

A few suggestions:

Steam - get Torchlight!
    Starcraft 2
    WoW

3. flight macrumors regular

Put your computer to sleep, then read a book or go for a walk! :p

My iMac was also my TV. I watched video podcasts, TEDTalks, movies, and TV shows. The wireless keyboard and mouse was an important feature for me. Also, I loved the screen real estate for viewing, editing, and organizing photos. Lastly, I used it to try out the development versions of Ubuntu through VirtualBox before installing it on my laptop.