New Mac (works w/ PC, not new Mac)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ArmyKnight12, Oct 4, 2007.

1. ArmyKnight12 macrumors 6502

ArmyKnight12

Hi all,
    I just bought a new Mac. I already had an ipod that was configured with my Windows PC. I just put a whole bunch of music on my MBP and want to add it to the Ipod. But it says that only Mac based ipods can be updated when I plug it into the USB port, thus I'm having a hard time finding a way to put the new music on the ipod. Any suggestions or hints would be greatly. Thanks all. :apple:

2. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

I have a windows formatted ipod photo I dont have any problems uploading stuff on it though I cant update the software since its not formatted on my mac.
    If you have all your music and videos on your itunes on your mac you should be able to sync it without running into any problems.

3. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

I don't have an answer for you but you might get more help if you changed the title of your thread to something like:"iPod won't load from MBP but will from PC" or something like that.

4. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

Well, iTunes won't let you use multiple computers with iPods anyway. Usually there are hacks you can use to get music off an iPod onto a new Mac, then use the new Mac to sync with the iPod rather than an old Mac, but I don't know about how to do that on a PC.

You'll probably have let your Mac re-format your iPod if you want to use it with it, and then get all your Music and Videos from your PC via an external hard drive or a FireWire cable.

5. Serge N Gin macrumors member

Serge N Gin

My iPod is formatted for my PC and I use it with my Mac too but if I wan't to get stuff off the iPod and onto the Mac, I use Senuti (iTunes spelt backwards).

Senuti saves the songs to your Music folder and is a Universal App.