new mac?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by cheekybobcat, Jan 5, 2008.

1. cheekybobcat macrumors 6502a

cheekybobcat

I'm in the market for a new Mac computer. Desktop would be o.k. but I would rather a laptop. I had a MacBook but just sold it to my cousin because he was going off to college and couldn't afford a new one. I am a bit more "privileged" than he is so I didn't mind selling it to him for pretty damn cheap.
    So, now I want a new one but I'm not sure what to buy. I know the new iMacs can be moved around with products like the iLugger but it is pretty big to be using on a plane and I don't think that the iMac has a battery (correct me if I'm wrong please). I do travel a lot, mostly air travel and train travel, so it would seem that a laptop is a better choice.
    My requirements that I need on my new computer are:
    1. Room for TONS of music and video
    2. WiFi, of course
    3. At least 2.4 GHz
    4. Probably at least 300 GB, more would be fine.
    5. Internet anywhere capable; I'm not sure what it is called but I know that there are products that offer satellite Internet that I can use anywhere

I know that I can make up my own mind but I just want some feedback from the wonderful members of Macrumors. Thanks for you suggestions in advance :)

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Well the MBP seems perfect, but wait 10 days for MacWorld to see what updates Apple will be bringing.

Its likely there will be updates and they will be on sale on the day :)