New Macbook 11/1/07!! Oh yeah!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by StratoMAC, Nov 2, 2007.

1. StratoMAC macrumors newbie

Hello fellow Apple users! I am now one of you!!! I have been waiting to purchase a new Macbook for some time now, because I did not absolutely need a new computer but wanted to wait for Leopard, iLife/iWork '08, and Santa Rosa. (An aluminum casing and LED screen would've been nice, but not worth waiting another however many months.) I am so excited to finally have my new machine and it is the first Apple I have ever owned. I got the new Santa Rosa Macbook, 2.2 Ghz, white, middle model, preloaded with Leopard and I added Applecare and iWork '08.

I have read some (and plan to read many more) forums on what to do when I get a new Macbook, but if any of you would like to give me suggestions on this thread, I would love your input.

Favorite applications? Case/backpack? Widgits? Calibrations? Things you can't live without? Things I should immediately do? Proper care? Anything!!

Cheers, everyone! :D

2. JSpence macrumors regular

JSpence

Congrats on your new mac :) I don't have any new apps to recommend, sorry.
    At least, not until mine comes

3. CRAZYBUBBA macrumors 65816

CRAZYBUBBA

games: chopper - Free
    call of duty2- ball park $35-40

for playing dvd rips- Get all the quicktime codecs, there are like 15 total
    some prefer to use vlc

4. maestro55 macrumors 68030

maestro55

Congratulations, hopefully I will be unpacking mine in a couple of hours, or after I get off work tonight.