New MacBook 12" 1.2 Purchase

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by roxysdad, Nov 10, 2015.

1. roxysdad macrumors member

I had a 11" air, 1.3 with the Haswell processor, for the past few years and I loved it... except for that dang screen. Over the past several months it was driving me crazy and I just needed to make a change. While doing research for this new computer I realized that I never used the ports along the side of the Air, except for an occasional SD card reader in the USB slot. I looked seriously at the Pro line, but found them a bit large and with loads of ports that I never use, and processing power that I don't use either. The Air was the perfect little computer - until now. I found a gold MacBook at a local Best Buy for 1290 open box. It had three cycles on the battery and was pristine, so I went for it.

This new MacBook is quite a lovely piece of machinery. I am impressed with what Apple can pack into such a small space. The screen is gorgeous, the build quality is top notch, and the performance is within a tick or two of my previous computer. I would have loved a retina Air, but that just wasn't going to happen. I wonder if they will do away with the Air line all together and just have the Pro and the basic MacBook. Maybe they go somewhere between the Pro line and the Air and that becomes the new Pro.

All in all, a nice upgrade from the Air. The keyboard is nice, if not a bit odd, and I am getting faster with each day. The trackpad is awesome, best in the business by a long shot. The screen is beautiful, bright and clear. I think the most surprising feature is the new speakers; they sound fantastic!

After reading this forum for the past month, I hope to escape some of the battery and keyboard problems. We will see, and I'll report how it goes.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Indeed, its a great looking machine, congrats on your new baby :D