New Macbook 2.4...... Not Working?!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ipodtouchy333, Oct 22, 2008.

1. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

Ok, well I just got my first mac 2 days ago. Well I burned my old iTunes library onto a few DVD's to just transfer over to my new macbook. I have burned most of my stuff on there but I started to have a problem. During the copying process of a DVD to iTunes I put my computer to sleep and a few hours later brought it back up and iTunes was frozen. So I finally force quit it and it says now I can't even open iTunes because it is "locked" or something. I can't eject the cd either. So then I just pushed the power button and hit shut down and now it has been frozen on the leopard screen (no desktop) with the little "bars" just going around in a circle.....please help!

2. HoldFastHope macrumors 6502

Maybe try holding down the power button for a few seconds until it turns off, and then restarting.

How were you copying DVD's in iTunes? If you're ripping, you may be better off with a dedicated program like Handbrake.

EDIT: Never mind, I re-read your post.

3. ec51 macrumors 6502

Call Apple Care?

You can try pulling the battery....

4. iwuzbord macrumors 6502

iwuzbord

try holding option while powering up. see what that does for you. if that doesnt help, call apple care or pop into your local apple store.

5. Catonow macrumors regular

Call Apple Care. Unlike most PC tech support, you usually don't have to wait too long to reach somebody, and they are actually helpful. You get it free for 90 days, so take full advantage of it while you can.

6. ipodtouchy333 thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks everyone. Yeah, I didn't realize I could just hold the power button down to shut it off (I'm new to macs, ha). Anyways, now everything is ok EXCEPT the dvd is now stuck in the optical drive and it does not appear on the desktop to eject or in iTunes. Ugh!

7. silverblack macrumors 68020

silverblack

Try to to eject stuck disks in superdrives -
    http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives...ct-a-stuck-cd-or-dvd-from-macbook-superdrive/

8. jdwingnut macrumors regular

From Apples OS X help files:
    BTW, I'm just curious, how is it that someone with almost a 1000 post, in a Mac forum, is JUST NOW buying their first ever Mac computer :eek:

You should be ashamed ... :cool: at least for admitting it anyway :rolleyes:

WELCOME TO THE CLUB :D:D:D