New MacBook - 2 Questions

Discussion in 'macOS' started by maclovin', Aug 6, 2008.

1. maclovin' macrumors regular

maclovin'

OK, so I got a new 2.4ghz Black MacBook(Leopard), and I have two (hopefully easy) questions. Both of these little quirks are fixed on my iMac(Leopard), but I can't remember how I fixed them.

1. Mail - I have Mail set to access my IMAP Gmail account, and it works...but when I read an email from the Inbox under Mailboxes, it stays unread under the Gmail heading. First of all...I don't know why the Gmail heading is there in the first place, second of all, I don't know why they can't sync together???

2. Tab - On my iMac, I have the tab button set to have the ability to select all buttons on a dialogue window...the recommended selection is all blue and you select it with enter, and when you select another button with tab, it gets a blue ring around the button, and you select it with the space bar.

I hope I have explained these problems sufficiently, if you need any clarification I'll be here!!

2. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

For the first question, right click on the Gmail header (folder?) and select "Synchronize (name of account)".

3. TheReef macrumors 68000

TheReef

I have a GMAIL menu in my mail too. I can't seem to get rid of it, it just sits there.

Try changing your IMAP path prefix to:

[GMAIL]

(including square brackets)
    I think this solved some of my issues.

4. maclovin' thread starter macrumors regular

maclovin'

That seemed to do the trick, thanks!! Although, is there a way to completely get rid of that from the side, it really serves no purpose(that I know of).

I don't really know what you are talking about there...could you elaborate?

Does anyone have any suggestions for the problem with tabbing?

5. TheReef macrumors 68000

TheReef

You can change your IMAP path prefix in Preferences…>Accounts>Advanced.
    I wouldn't worry now though.

As for the tabbing issue, you can use spacebar to select the item in focus. Return will activate the default button regardless of screen element focus.
    Spacebar also works for checkboxes.

6. maclovin' thread starter macrumors regular

maclovin'

Ya I know that's how you would select it, however, I can't get to the buttons or checkboxes to be selected with tab...that's the issue.

7. TheReef macrumors 68000

TheReef

Whoops my bad.

It is in System Preferences…>Keyboard and Mouse.
    So you've changed the bottom most radio button?

Attached Files:

8. maclovin' thread starter macrumors regular

maclovin'

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!! That is what I have been looking for. I have been to the page forty five times looking at all the shortcuts when should have looked at the whole window. Is there any way to give reputation on this site??? You DESERVE it. THANK YOU!!