New MacBook + Adobe CS4

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by nidserz, Oct 14, 2008.

1. nidserz macrumors 6502a

nidserz

Hi guys,

I was planning on buying a MBP, but for portability would like a regular MB. I have a 20" iMac for heavy duty CS4, but I was wondering if I could run CS4 on the new MacBook, high end with 4GB ram?

Does CS4 require dedicated graphics? If not then I will place my order tonight. Please let me know if you have an idea.

Oh and CS4 programs I would use are those included in Design Premium (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Fireworks, Dreamweaver, Flash). I'm a light user and would probably do most of the work on the iMac, but incase I need to work away from home I would like the option.

Thanks!

2. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

i'm in the same situation and got the answer that with at least CS3, the MB should be sufficient. I also have an iMac and I know I can always do the heavier lifting with that if needed. Since you like the portability, I'd definitely go with the MB. now which one? I think I'm personally going with 2.4 and then add more RAM.

3. Maximillian macrumors 6502

Not sure if CS4 requires anything special, but CS3 runs more than fine on my '06 Macbook with 2GB of ram. I assume that a new Macbook would rock CS4 without missing a step.

4. nidserz thread starter macrumors 6502a

nidserz

Thanks.

I think I am going to pick up the 2.4gbz MB with CS4.
    I don't want a 5.5lbs portable since I'm a petite girl (5'0") and don't want to lug around a MBP + DSLR + purse haha!

My 20" iMac should take care of the rest. Thanks!

PS. If anybody does know of any CS4 requirements the new MB doesn't meet please let me know!

5. marbles macrumors 68000

marbles

How important is Firewire when your on the road ?

6. nidserz thread starter macrumors 6502a

nidserz

To be honest, I have never used FW in my life.
    I guess the only time I would is for a back-up HDD, but I won't really need it on the road.

7. Maximillian macrumors 6502

FWIW, I use USB to backup via Time Machine. While firewire can be faster and has bus power, USB 2.0 is fast enough for backups.

8. marbles macrumors 68000

marbles

good to go then , happy days :)

9. nidserz thread starter macrumors 6502a

nidserz

lol so I take it CS4 should have no problems?
    I didn't think it should need a dedicated graphics card, but I don't want to buy it and find out later.

Well if all is smooth I will place my order on the phone tonight and a second waiting game begins!

10. marbles macrumors 68000

marbles

Personally , I wouldn't , just hang fire and see how these new machines pan out, ...chill :cool: unless you need it in the next month & I'm guessing you don't.