Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shamsmu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
so I am buying this new mba 13. The salesman told me, if I don't upgrade to 8gb memory now, I won't be able to do it again in the future. So is it worthwhile spending that $100 on 8gb ram(performancewise)? or am I better off spending it on something else like the new apple tv, it'd go great with the new mountain lion.

PeterJP

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2012
Leuven, Belgium
so I am buying this new mba 13. The salesman told me, if I don't upgrade to 8gb memory now, I won't be able to do it again in the future. So is it worthwhile spending that $100 on 8gb ram(performancewise)? or am I better off spending it on something else like the new apple tv, it'd go great with the new mountain lion.

It's worth spending it now because there is no way you can do it later. Apple can't do it for you, either. If you get 4GB now and you want more memory later, you need to buy another machine.

Peter.

shznit

macrumors member
Apr 4, 2010
I would definitely get the 8gb. With a bunch of tabs in Chrome, a few work apps open, and one 1GB ram vm running I am always maxed out on my 2011 with 4GB.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.