Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The new 15-inch MacBook Air and updated Mac Studio are now available for same-day or next-day pickup at select Apple Store locations in the U.S. The new Mac Pro is also available for in-store pickup, but there is a two-week wait at many locations.

New-Macs-2023.jpg

To order a product with Apple Store pickup, add the product to your bag on Apple.com, proceed to checkout, select the "I'll pick it up" option, enter your ZIP code, choose an available Apple Store location, and select a pickup date. Payment is completed online, and a valid government-issued photo ID and the order number may be required upon pickup.

The 15-inch MacBook Air is equipped with the same M2 chip as the 13-inch model, and the laptops share the same overall design. The 15-inch model's only hardware differences compared to the 13-inch model are its larger size and two additional speakers. The 15-inch model starts at $1,299, while the 13-inch model now starts at a lower $1,099.

The new Mac Studio features the same overall design as the 2022 model, but it now features Apple's latest M2 Max and M2 Ultra chips, faster Wi-Fi 6E and Bluetooth 5.3 connectivity, an HDMI 2.1 port with 8K display support, and an updated headphone jack with support for high-impedance headphones. Pricing remains unchanged, with the M2 Max model starting at $1,999 and the M2 Ultra model starting at $3,999.

The new Mac Pro has the same design as the 2019 model, but it is now powered by the M2 Ultra chip instead of Intel processors. The high-end desktop tower starts at $6,999, and no longer has graphics card support and user-upgradeable RAM.

Article Link: New MacBook Air and Mac Studio Now Available for Apple Store Pickup

CalMin

Contributor
Nov 8, 2007
My local Apple store has the 16GB/1TB edition in stock for 1,899, as well as 8/256 and 8/512 editions of the MBA 15.
Good to know. I guess these will be the “in-stock” configurations. And probably the most popular ones too. I expect this will sell well.

The base spec is more than enough computer for most “normal” people. My 8GB/256GB M2 is seriously impressive with everything that I throw at it - it compares very favorably to my M1 Pro with 16GB/1TB. If I didn’t need dual external display support it could be my main machine. The only thing I don’t use it for is VMs, but that is mostly because 256 won’t hold my 80GB Windows VM.

Last edited:

JosephAW

macrumors 603
May 14, 2012
I can remember paying over five grand for a nice PowerPC G5 set up, these are pretty good price per performance when you think about it. :rolleyes:

Reactions: uller6

bsbeamer

macrumors 601
Sep 19, 2012
What config are they carrying? I haven't seen any Mac Pros in-store, but not sure what options to try.

Was this config:
Apple M2 Ultra with 24-core CPU, 60-core GPU, 32-core Neural Engine
64GB unified memory
1TB SSD storage
Stainless steel frame with feet
Magic Mouse
Magic Keyboard with Touch ID and Numeric Keypad - US English
Accessory Kit

Now it's showing as "Order now. Pick up, in-store:Ships to store. Available Mon, Jun 26 at Apple Christiana Mall"

The only other stores in region with pickup availability have all shifted to Monday, June 26th - Apple Short Hills, Apple SoHo, Apple West 14th, Apple Grand Central.

No other store in region is available to choose at checkout at this time.

Mizouse

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2014
Oh good the custom order ones can also be picked up in the Apple Store.

I don’t want to deal with UPS since last year they lost (or someone stole) my iPhone 14PM 3 times.

Amerrican

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2008
Los Gatos, California

The new 15-inch MacBook Air and updated Mac Studio are now available for same-day or next-day pickup at select Apple Store locations in the U.S. The new Mac Pro is also available for in-store pickup, but there is a two-week wait at many locations.

I ordered a heavily-configured 15" MBA on launch day, within 15 minutes of the Apple Store reopening after the end of the WWDC Keynote.

It's been sitting with UPS in Louisville since last Thursday, only saying that "it's delayed".

Deliberately, I'd say. . . . .

ecton

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2010

New-Macs-2023.jpg

To order a product with Apple Store pickup, add the product to your bag on Apple.com, proceed to checkout, select the "I'll pick it up" option, enter your ZIP code, choose an available Apple Store location, and select a pickup date. Payment is completed online, and a valid government-issued photo ID and the order number may be required upon pickup.

The 15-inch MacBook Air is equipped with the same M2 chip as the 13-inch model, and the laptops share the same overall design. The 15-inch model's only hardware differences compared to the 13-inch model are its larger size and two additional speakers. The 15-inch model starts at $1,299, while the 13-inch model now starts at a lower $1,099.

The new Mac Studio features the same overall design as the 2022 model, but it now features Apple's latest M2 Max and M2 Ultra chips, faster Wi-Fi 6E and Bluetooth 5.3 connectivity, an HDMI 2.1 port with 8K display support, and an updated headphone jack with support for high-impedance headphones. Pricing remains unchanged, with the M2 Max model starting at $1,999 and the M2 Ultra model starting at $3,999.

The new Mac Pro has the same design as the 2019 model, but it is now powered by the M2 Ultra chip instead of Intel processors. The high-end desktop tower starts at $6,999, and no longer has graphics card support and user-upgradeable RAM.

Article Link: New MacBook Air and Mac Studio Now Available for Apple Store Pickup
Waiting for iMac

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.