New MacBook Air odd language in About This Mac

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by slattery69, Jun 28, 2014.

1. slattery69 macrumors regular

Just got a new macbook air for the family today. all good so fair apart from one oddity.
    when i go to about this mac , rather than saying 13 Macbook Air early 2014 it says the following-13-tolline, 2014. pasta altus
    despite the language been set to english as the primary and only language as it the keyboard and everything else.
    I think its Estonian but not sure why its appearing there. any ideas?

2. madKIR macrumors 6502

It has been already discussed....

I have the same issue. Mine was even replaced due to a cracking sound coming out of the bottom of the laptop. The first one manufactured in April, the second one in June. Both show this oddity.

There was another user who managed to fix it, but his method didn't work for me.

My 2 cents it's a software bug that will be fixed in future updates. I wouldn't lose my sleep over it.

3. slattery69 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for that. Did a quick Google but couldn't find anything. But now I know it's a common problem I'll just leave it rather than messing with text wrangler

4. Meister Suspended

Meister

our mba also has this cracking sound. The bottom gives in slightly and makes a clicking sound.
    What did :apple: say about this?

5. ItHurtsWhenIP macrumors 6502

It's tape inside that's sticking and unsticking from the aluminum body...

From what I gather, a trip to a genius bar should get it taken care of. Too bad Apple is too good for my neck of the woods. :(

6. Meister Suspended

Meister

We dont have time for the genius bar. It doesnt hinder performance, so what the heck...