New Macbook Air or Discounted old style

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Dillon15s, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Dillon15s macrumors newbie

Hey guys posted a little while back for some advise on a new Macbook and at that point decided to wait , well the time has come and i was trying to decide between a pro and air but i think i have settled on a Air. So no i am trying to decide if i should get the New Air for 1199$ or get the old style heavily discounted for 786$? no heavy usage for me just tons of web surfing and email , i use google sheets and a couple other power point apps but for the most part all online. Almost wondering if i would be better off with a Chromebook! Let me know what you think?

2. ThatiPhoneKid macrumors 6502a

They have the discounted MacBook 13” in Argos eBay store for £769 in the U.K., looks a good deal

3. filmbuff macrumors 6502a

filmbuff

It's all about the screen if that's all you do with it. $350 more is a lot to pay for a nicer screen but then again I wouldn't be buying such an old screen in 2018 when every other device we use is retina. The old style MBA must be the last laptop in that price range with such an old screen.

4. lambertjohn macrumors 6502a

The difference in the screen quality is like night and day. Definitely go for the new Air. Your eyes will thank you.