new macbook air question for beginner

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by clemsy, Jul 29, 2014.

1. clemsy macrumors newbie

Hi,

I recently got a new 11inch macbook air, and I was changing the background, but when I went to close the window, part of the window was left on the wallpaper.

I'm not sure if I'm explaining it correctly, but its like a fragment was left on the screen but the window was closed.

Is this a graphics bug?

Cheers

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Try rebooting. If it is still there, reselect a new background and save it again.

3. clemsy thread starter macrumors newbie

Is this a common thing for macbooks? I've never used one before.

4. Dweez macrumors 65816

Dweez

Not common in my case. We've got 2 MPBs, and MBA, a mini and an iMac in the house and I do see the occasional graphics glitch. Not often, but any graphics subsystem can leave something behind from time to time.

5. mad3inch1na macrumors 6502a

It sounds like a small glitch. If you restart your computer, you will most likely never see it again. I don't exactly know what you are talking about because I haven't seen it before on any of my Macs, but if the problem persists you can take a screenshot and upload it here. You hold down Shift, command, 3 all at the same time. A picture will appear on your desktop that you can upload.

Best,
    Matt

6. tiartrop macrumors regular

I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing but I did get a funny glitch sometime, like lines on my screen, it happened very rarely though. Also, sometimes I connect it to a TV and when I unplugged the HDMI cable my screen was split in two. I think these things happen, but nothing grave.

7. clemsy thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I did a reboot and a safe reboot too, just in case. It seems to be okay now. Thanks for all your help guys!

I just have another question, as I drive to uni all the time, and I was wandering if bumps and jolts from the car can do damage to the macbook in the long run?

8. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

There are few moving parts. Even the drive is solid state so your car ride should not cause any harm. These devices are pretty tuff now and the screen is most at risk in a drop to the floor.

Just relax and enjoy your new laptop!:cool: