New Macbook Air Screen Distortion

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by msullivanxi, Jul 10, 2012.

1. msullivanxi macrumors newbie

Ok so I have a new Macbook Air (maxed 2.0 i7, 8gb ram, 512gb flash) and when I switch between different spaces I get like screen distortion where it looks like parts of the screen need to catch up with the rest of it. Kinda looks like what a VCR fast forwarding would look like just less intrusive but the same feeling of jaggityness. It was running mountain lion DP4 fine till about 2 days ago when this started happening (I havent installed anything new), when I installed the GM it persisted but then I made a clean intall partition and the problem was gone

Any ideas why this is happening.

I'm a little frustrated as this is brand new.

2. Barna Biro macrumors 6502a

Barna Biro

If I understood right, you're saying that now everything is fine? If that's the case, the most likely some files got corrupted while you were playing around with Mountain Lion ( updating from Lion ).

After the fresh install, the ML files didn't conflict anymore with the Lion ones and that of course resulted into the disappearing of your previous problem.

3. msullivanxi thread starter macrumors newbie

No I did a clean install and had no problem then I did a time machine restore and the problem persisted.

4. Barna Biro macrumors 6502a

Barna Biro

Exactly what I've previously stated... There must have been some corrupt files in your system ( most likely due to the alpha / beta ML upgrade from Lion ). You've saved those corrupt files / settings in a backup and of course when you restore the backup, you're back where you started ( all previously saved corrupt files are migrated back to your notebook ).

Don't do the backup... Or backup only the files that you really need and restore only those.

5. msullivanxi thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok so I did another clean install everything was fine then I installed some apps and it went all wonky again and it went wonky again.

6. Barna Biro macrumors 6502a

Barna Biro

Take it to an Apple store and have it checked out.

7. kodeman53 macrumors 65816

It's working now, so why do you care?