New MacBook Air weird error on stertup

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Ensyed, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Ensyed macrumors member

I bought my daughter a new snook book air 2 weeks ago. Suddenly the screen starts up showing a video of a Mac mouse and noting else. The cursor won’t respond.

Essentially it’s frozen and I can’t even boot up in recovery mode or safe mode. An Apple shows up followed by a bar filling up and then a roaring photo of an Apple mouse.

We have not connected it up any external mouse at all.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. ptimickey59 macrumors newbie

ptimickey59

hello,

Sorry if my English is not very well, I'm from France.

I will try to help as good as I can.

I would say
    Maj (⇧) : to Start in mode sans échec.

D : allow a start under Apple Hardware Test ou Diagnostics Apple,

Try touch D at first. Then give us a feedback of what is appearing . If nothing, try the 2nd solution .

KR.

Mickaël.

3. DeltaMac macrumors G3

DeltaMac

The mouse showing on screen means that no input device like a mouse is detected. That doesn't make too much sense, as you have a trackpad which should always be detected.
    So, no trackpad, which means that you may have a failed trackpad, or some kind of failure of the logic board.

Your should first try an NVRAM reset.
    If that does not help, you could also try an SMC reset. That's not specific for device resets, but won't hurt anything.

If nothing changes (and you still see the mouse graphic), then call AppleCare for warranty support.

4. Ensyed thread starter macrumors member

Thank you. I will try these solutions but I think it’s hardware failure as well.
    Will take it into an Apple store. I wish I could return it bc it’s within 2 weeks but I am abroad.