New Macbook Air

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by jezzy, Jun 13, 2013.

1. jezzy macrumors member

Just picked it up the 11" this afternoon and loving it so far. The keyboard is a little more "clicky" than I remember with my previous 2011 Macbook Pro 15" I had last year.

4GB Ram, 1 of which seems to be dedicated to the video card (intel 5000), 128GB SSD which seems to be fast. Haven't ran any tests yet.

It indeed is instant on when you close that lid, very impressive. Yet to hear a fan run also. It's been on for an hour and it's barely warm on the bottom.

Nice little machine. I was thinking of getting a 13" but wanted a smaller format, so far I don't mind the screen size.. still 14 days to make up my mind!

2. curtoise macrumors 6502a

i7 or i5 processor? what are the battery life readings?

3. jezzy thread starter macrumors member

I don't think the dual core i5 vs i7 is worth the 150$ difference, I've already got a 27" imac

I got the base i5 11" and loving it so far (been an hour) =)
    I haven't charged it yet, fresh out of the box and shows 4:30hours now up to 6:20 hours. Odd.

----------

i have noticed something odd though, the task bar (with the apple) seems to randomly disappear ? if I click in the area it'll re-appear. I've never seen that before.

Also, in google, scrolling up/down seems choppy.. anyone else?

----------

I checked in the console log

2013-06-13 8:00:18.048 PM WindowServer[87]: CGXGetConnectionProperty: Invalid connection 68871

this is the error that appears in the log when the taskbar disappears

----------

It's a fast SSD !

Write = 300MB/s
    Read = 726.1MB/s !