New Macbook Alu with Logic.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by musicman90, Oct 26, 2008.

1. musicman90 macrumors newbie

I'm a first yr student in uni and I've been waiting for the new macbooks to come out forever so there's only one thing stopping me from buying one. I intend on using Logic but on a matter of opinion, is the 13 inch screen too small for such a large program like logic?
    And are there any drawbacks for not having firewire? Would it come in handy with Logic?

I'm a serious musician who is really careful about where his money goes.

Ps. I've never owned a mac.

2. Artmuzz macrumors 6502

If you want my honest opinion I would avoid the new MacBook because of the lack of FireWire. FireWire is alot better than USB when it comes to Audio Interfaces. I use a Focusrite Saffire LE FireWire Audio Interface and its great with Logic Pro. Sometimes I use my old white MacBook with Logic and its okay screen wise for working with, though i'd recommend using a second monitor display.

If I was you I would I'd either buy the previous MacBook model or a MacBook Pro or go Hackintosh with a Core2Quad machine.

I use my Dell Inspiron 530 Hackintosh with my FireWire card and Logic for music and audio production and its fast and a great performer and even better than my MacBook Pro.

Hope that helps

Art

3. butterfly0fdoom macrumors 6502a

Well, I have a BlackBook and Logic runs fine. But I do suggest a MacBook Pro because if you're as serious a musician as you say you are, then the MacBook's lack of FireWire is a major issue (USB interfaces don't cut it; I'm a hobbyist using a FW interface) and also because I find the MacBook's screen size rather lacking (too much scrolling around needed IMO).