New macbook and ecology.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by magallanes, Oct 18, 2008.

1. magallanes macrumors regular

While i am worried about the ecology, imho :even if the new macbook pro is 100% free of some "dangerous" substance, simple i don't care, for me it is not a selling point.

Does somebody care about the new ecologic feature of the new line of macbook?

2. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

I care, because the environmental decisions companies make affect the world I live in. The less crude oil used, the better off we are.

3. swingerofbirch macrumors 68030

The Amalgamated States of Central North America
    I don't think it's so much a selling point when you look at each individual computer and consumer, but rather a net improvement when you look at the volume of product apple sells.

4. Red-red macrumors 6502

It's not a selling but it's good to see. It's the companies that are going to reduce our carbon footprint, waste etc. Not the consumer.

What it will do is force other companies to do the same, as a result the whole industry will get better.

A bit like fair trade food, I always buy it if I see it. Some people couldn't care. Not that it's wrong to care or not, but it's good to see things happening on a big scale.