New macbook arrives today!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by T-Mac, Nov 16, 2007.

1. T-Mac macrumors member

This is my first Mac so is there anything that I should or should not do? Do I need to calibrate the battery right away. How?

Thanks for helping this noob! :eek:

2. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

i don't know if that's necessary right away. just enjoy the machine after opening it up and have fun with it! i played with mine for a couple hours strait when i first got mine, couldn't put it down

3. macanudo macrumors regular

macanudo

Congrats on the purchase.

I would use the battery on it's first charge, through all the registration BS, etc, run software updates, load your data, etc. When it's down to 5% plug it in. This simple step will reap a longer battery life/cycles for a long time. I squeeze about 4:05 out of my macbook on a single charge.

Enjoy and good luck! :)

4. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

Congrats T-Mac -

You may want to check out Switch 101 if you're used to windows until now.

Also MacBook Support is a handy site to bookmark to help you through just about anything.

Hey... and don't forget about coming back to this forum for any questions that you have cause there's lots of peeps that have been using Macs and MacBooks for a while.

-GDF

5. T-Mac thread starter macrumors member

My wife just called to say that it has been delivered! It will be a long 3 hours until work is over. Thanks to all for the comments and suggestions. I sure hope I don't have any of the keyboard or display issues I've read about here.

6. macanudo macrumors regular

macanudo

Have fun and congrats on your purchase! Don't hesitate to post any comments, questions or concerns you may have on here.